2017 DATES: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 29–NOVEMBER 30, 2017
Expo HOURS: NOVEMBER 29: 9am-7pm, NOVEMBER 30: 9am-6pm
Seminar Hours: 8:00am–5pm Daily
Venue: METRO TORONTO CONVENTION CENTRE, NORTH BUILDING
IIDEXCanada is Canada’s National Design + Architecture Exposition & Conference, and is proudly co-presented by IDC, Interior Designers of Canada and RAIC, Royal Architectural Institute of Canada. The annual show focuses on all areas of design including workplace, healthcare, hospitality, retail, residential, education, architecture, landscape architecture, lighting and sustainability, wellness and accessibility. IIDEXCanada celebrates 33 years on November 29 & 30, 2017, in the North Building of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
IIDEXCanada is part of The Buildings Show which includes Construct Canada, PM Expo Toronto, World of Concrete Pavilion, HomeBuilder & Renovator Expo, and The Real Estate Forum Toronto. The Buildings Show is North America’s largest exposition, networking and education event for design, construction and real estate which attracts 1,600 exhibitors, world-class keynotes, 500 speakers, 350 seminars and tours, and 30,500 Canadian and international trade attendees including interior designers, architects, property managers, landscape architects, facility managers, builders, developers, real estate, suppliers, government, media, creative thinkers and corporate clients.
Your 2017 IIDEXCanada registration badge will give you access to all shows in the North and South buildings of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. You will also be able to pick up a copy of our combined year-round show guide.
IIDEXCanada brings together the multidisciplinary interior design and architecture communities for a sourcing, networking and education event that celebrates creativity and best practices. It is a place to be truly inspired, to connect in person and to discover new products and services.
IIDEXCanada is where new relationships are built, ideas are synthesized, and where creative collaborations begin.
IIDEXCanada Fast Facts
- 30,500 trade attendees from the interior design, architecture, building facilities, property management and real estate sectors, in the North and South buildings, all part of The Buildings Show
- 2-day exposition
- 200,000+ sq. ft. of exhibits
- 1,600 exhibitors
- 200+ media
- 25+ national and international associations
- 350+ CEU accredited seminars
- World-renown keynotes
- Opening Night Cocktail Party
- IDC/IIDA Leaders Breakfast
- IIDEXCanada + IDC Innovation Awards
IDC, Interior Designers of Canada
Interior Designers of Canada (IDC) is the national association for interior design in Canada. Founded in 1972, IDC’s mandate is to provide a unified voice to advance the profession of interior design across Canada and internationally through advocacy initiatives, ongoing professional development and business support services. IDC is the national representative of nine provincial associations from coast to coast. Membership, regulation and compliance occur at the provincial level. All provincial association members automatically become members of IDC. In total, IDC represents over 5,500 members including students, educators and practising interior designers who work globally in all areas of design. In addition, over 300 manufacturers and suppliers, who support the work of interior design professionals, are also members of IDC.
RAIC, Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) is a voluntary national association, representing about 5,000 members. The RAIC advocates for excellence in the built environment, works to demonstrate how design enhances the quality of life and promotes responsible architecture in addressing important issues of society.
RAIC co-presents IIDEXCanada with IDC
IIDEXCanada Time Line
- 1984 – IIDEXCanada founded by ARIDO, the Association of Registered Interior Designers of Canada.
- 1998 – MMPI Canada was contracted to manage IIDEXCanada creating IIDEX/NeoCon Canada
- 2010 – Ownership of IIDEXCanada transferred to IDC, the Interior Designers of Canada
- 2012 – IDC, Interior Designers of Canada and RAIC become co-presenters of IIDEXCanada
- 2013 – Informa Canada acquired MMPI Canada becoming producers of IIDEXCanada
- 2014 – IIDEXCanada celebrated its 30th anniversary! Relocates to North Building of the Metro
Toronto Convention Centre and co-locates with The Buildings Show in the South Building of the MTCC.
- 2016 – IIDEXCanada has an accessible and mobile-friendly website