2016 DATES: WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 30 - THURSDAY DECEMBER 1, 2016
Expo HOURS: NOVEMBER 30: 8am-7pm, DECEMBER 1: 8am-6pm
Seminar Hours: 9:00am-5pm Daily
Venue: METRO TORONTO CONVENTION CENTRE, NORTH BUILDING
IIDEXCanada is Canada’s National Design + Architecture Exposition & Conference, and is proudly co-presented by IDC, Interior Designers of Canada and RAIC, Royal Architectural Institute of Canada. The annual show focuses on all areas of design including workplace, healthcare, hospitality, retail, residential, education, architecture, landscape architecture, lighting and sustainability, wellness and accessibility. IIDEXCanada celebrates 32 years on Wednesday November 30 & Thursday December 1, 2016, in the North Building of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
IIDEXCanada is held concurrently with The Buildings Show in the South Building of the MTCC, which includes Construct Canada, PM Expo Toronto, World of Concrete Pavilion, HomeBuilder & Renovator Expo, and The Real Estate Forum Toronto. The Buildings Show is North America’s largest exposition, networking and education event for design, construction and real estate which attracts 1,600 exhibitors, world-class keynotes, 500 speakers, 350 seminars and tours, and 30,000 Canadian and International trade attendees including interior designers, architects, property managers, landscape architects, facility managers, builders, developers, real estate, suppliers, government, media, creative thinkers and corporate clients.
Your 2016 IIDEXCanada registration badge will give you access to all shows in the North and South buildings of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. You will also be able to pick up a copy of our combined year-round show guide.
IIDEXCanada brings together the multidisciplinary interior design and architecture communities for a sourcing, networking and education event that celebrates creativity and best practices. It is a place to be truly inspired, to connect in person and to discover new products and services. IIDEXCanada is where new relationships are built, ideas are synthesized, and where creative collaborations begin.
the best design, products, projects and ideas
30,000 attendees & 1,600 exhibitors
stimulating keynotes, seminars and tours
Be at IIDEXCanada 2016
Wednesday, November 30 – Thursday, December 1
IIDEXCanada Fast Facts
- 30,000 trade attendees from the interior design, architecture, building facilities, property management and real estate sectors, in the North and South buildings, all part of The Buildings Show
- 2 day exposition
- 200,000+ sq. ft. of exhibits
- 1,600 exhibitors
- 200+ media
- 25+ national and international associations
- 350+ CEU accredited seminars
- World-renown keynotes
- Opening night cocktail party
- State of the Industry Panel
- IDC/IIDA Leaders Breakfast
- IIDEXCanada + IDC Innovation Awards
IDC, Interior Designers of Canada
Interior Designers of Canada (IDC) is the national advocacy association for the interior design profession. Founded in 1972, IDC's mandate is to provide a unified voice to advance the profession of interior design across Canada and internationally. IDC represents nine provincial associations as well as more than 5,500 fully qualified interior designers, intern/provisional, student, educator, and retired members. Our members work globally in all areas of design including corporate/commercial, institutional, retail, hospitality, health care, and residential. In addition, 300 manufacturers and suppliers, who support the work of interior design professionals, are members of IDC.
RAIC, Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) is a voluntary national association, representing more than 5,000 members. The RAIC advocates for excellence in the built environment, works to demonstrate how design enhances the quality of life and promotes responsible architecture in addressing important issues of society.
RAIC co-presents IIDEXCanada with IDC
IIDEXCanada Time Line
- 1984 – IIDEXCanada founded by ARIDO, the Association of Registered Interior Designers of Canada.
- 1998 – MMPI Canada was contracted to manage IIDEXCanada creating IIDEX/NeoCon Canada
- 2010 – Ownership of IIDEXCanada transferred to IDC, the Interior Designers of Canada
- 2012 – IDC, Interior Designers of Canada and RAIC become co-presenters of IIDEXCanada
- 2013 – Informa Canada acquired MMPI Canada becoming producers of IIDEXCanada
- 2014 – IIDEXCanada celebrated its 30th anniversary! Relocates to North Building of the Metro
Toronto Convention Centre and co-locates with The Buildings Show in the South Building of the MTCC.