Thank you for your interest in IIDEX Canada. We encourage you to check in for updates. Your media contact is: Matthew Searle, email@example.com or please call 416-960-4517. All inquiries for show news, access to speakers, photos, and show organizers can be directed to him and every effort will be made to provide you with information in a timely manner.
September 26 - 27, 2013
Direct Energy Centre, Toronto
Direct Energy Centre, 100 Princes’ Blvd, Toronto
Free registration commences in July 2013 and continues until September 9, 2013. After which, admission to the exhibit hall is $25.00 on-line or on-site. Media registration is free.
As Canada’s largest National Design + Architecture Expo and Conference, IIDEX Canada brings together over 15,000 interior designers, architects, facility managers, real estate and business executives in a national forum which powers the design industry in Canada. During two action packed days in September, IIDEX Canada’s 350 exhibitors showcase hundreds of innovative products and services, from all areas of design – workplace, hospitality, retail, healthcare, lighting and sustainable design, while our CEU accredited international conference program ensures attendees receive expert advice on the issues shaping this rapidly changing industry. IIDEX also offers numerous opportunities to network, through receptions, award ceremonies and tours. Now in its 29th year, IIDEX Canada attracts architects, interior designs, facility managers, builders, developers, manufacturers, sustainable experts and end-users in all sectors of the design industry. The 2013 exposition will feature an expanded Healthcare Design Expo featuring the latest products and services specifically for professionals who design healthcare environments. IIDEX Canada is co-presented by the Interior Designers of Canada and Architecture Canada | RAIC.
Architecture Canada I RAIC will be presenting the 2013 International Union of Architects Public Health Group (UIA/PHG) Forum and Global University Programs in Healthcare Architecture (GUPHA) Meeting at IIDEX 2013, September 24-28, 2013 in Toronto. This collaboration between the three groups plus IDC, the Interior Designers of Canada and IIDEX enables the knowledge sharing of international perspectives on health and the design of the care environment plus the role that health care quality and innovation plays in these projects to support better health care. This year’s theme, "get better! The pursuit of better health and better healthcare design at lower per capita costs" will be explored in a wide range of in-depth seminars during the two days of IIDEX, September 26-27. The forum will also include networking events, cocktail receptions, dinners, site tours and student programming. For more information click here.
2013 SHOW HIGHLIGHTS
IIDEX Canada is recognized industry-wide as a leader in showcasing the latest products, ideas and trends on the show floor. With the transfer of ownership of IIDEX to IDC, the Interior Designers of Canada, IIDEX will have an increased national focus providing every exhibitor with national exposure. Our 2013 line-up of special features and events includes:
The 2013 edition of IIDEX is coming together quickly, and we are already hard at work developing special features, booking keynotes and curating great exhibits. This year we are focusing on multi-disciplinary interaction and integration. Here’s some of what you can look forward to at IIDEX Canada 2013:
- Architecture Canada Expo: Architecture Canada | RAIC returns with IDC, owners of IIDEX Canada to co-present IIDEX, as well as partner with IIDEX on this expo on the show floor focused on architectural and sustainable products and services plus technology products geared to the architectural community.
- Lighting Expo: New for 2013, Lighting will be featured throughout the show floor over 50 exhibitors, a CEU accredited seminar program and international lighting keynote.
- Hospitality Canada Expo: After a very successful launch in 2011, this show-within-a-show expands for its third year featuring an expanded exhibition area and CEU accredited seminar program. Sponsored by NEWH Canada and Air Canada's enRoute Magazine.
- Workplace Design Expo: IIDEX’s largest and most popular feature area returns with a redesigned exhibit area showcasing leading workplace exhibitors, plus a CEU seminar stream and workshops.
- Landscape Architecture Expo: Sponsored by the OALA, Ontario Association of Landscape Architects, this feature area is returning for its second year with an increased presence on the show floor and expanded seminar program.
- Healthcare Canada Expo: This booming sector of the economy provides untold opportunities to discover the latest trends, innovations and ideas. IIDEX will host the UIA/PHG 2013 Annual Healthcare Forum + GUPHA Meeting to take place September 24 - 28th, bringing over 200 international architects and designers to Toronto.
- Material World Expo: This feature area just keeps growing to meet the insatiable demand from design professionals for the latest and most innovative material from around the world. This curated exhibit is complemented by its own website, thinkmaterial.ca
- Education Canada Expo: One of the economy’s hottest sectors is now a feature expo at IIDEX. This dedicated expo featuring the most up-to-date products and services from the education marketplace.
- Retail Design Expo: Located next to Hospitality Canada, the retail feature area continues to grow in step with this expanding sector of the economy. A special exhibit will anchor this area showcasing how all the senses effect design and consumer purchasing decisions. Presented in partnership with RDI, Retail Design Institute.
- Textile Design Expo: An innovative new feature area showcasing the latest in textiles for commercial and residential use.
- THINK:Material returns to IIDEX bigger and better than ever in 2013. The very popular feature destination is the ultimate resource for design professionals to source new, creative and sustainable materials! Curated by IIDEX in collaboration with international materials consultant, Jim Salazar, THINK:Material is considered the must see feature at IIDEX.
- THINK:Material Now On-line - thinkmaterial.ca is now on-line and offers 24/7/365 access to the hottest new materials from around the globe. New additions are unveiled every week providing specifiers ongoing fresh ideas.
- ARIDO and Innovation Awards ceremonies will be presented on a new night, Wednesday, September 25, 2013
- Lounge feature on the show floor, a great place to socialize, relax, network and share refreshments with friends and colleagues
- Show Floor Networking Cocktail Reception on Thursday at end of day + Showroom Parties, Dine By Design, and three international keynote speakers on, design, lighting and architecture
- Twelve seminar streams with over 75 CEU accredited seminars and hundreds of expert speakers
- Interior Designers of Canada Annual Meeting on Friday afternoon
- An important attendee development program, our Coast to Coast Travel Subsidy which funds the travel of 250 designers and architects from across Canada to attend IIDEX
- Comprehensive Awards Exhibit including: ARIDO Awards, Innovation Awards, OAA Awards, IES Toronto Awards, National Urban Design Awrds, OALA Awards and enRoute Hotel Design Awards